Online Classroom for students will provide students with 30 hours of instruction completed by Zoom. Classes are 3 hours a session, twice a week for a total of 6 weeks.
Classroom lessons will help them understand the following:
- Understanding ways in which their feelings can affect driving.
- How to control a vehicle to minimize risk in different environments.
- Ways that alcohol and drugs impair driving.
- Traffic laws and rules of the road.
- Signs, signals, and roadway markings.
- Guidelines for buying, insuring, and maintain a vehicle.
- Increase awareness of the roadway and surroundings.
- Maximize safety of oneself, passengers, other drivers, and pedestrians.
Behind-the-Wheel instruction covers all phases of driving including highways and all forms of parking. Appointments are available on Sundays, starting at 9:00am with 1 1/2-hour lessons for 4 weeks. Meet up for Behind-the-Wheel instruction will be at War Memorial Football Stadium parking lot.
Eligibility Requirements for Teen Drivers License
- At least 16 years of age
- Has had the Driver’s Permit for at least 6 months
- Has completed Driver’s Education Course
- Has accumulated 50 hours of additional supervised driving
- Has completed 6 hours behind-the-wheel instruction